Social Media Community Manager Job
The Social Media Manager will administer the company’s social media marketing and platforms. Administration includes but is not limited to:
Deliberate planning and goal setting
- Development of brand awareness and online reputation
- Content management
- SEO (search engine optimization) and generation of inbound traffic
- Cultivation of leads and sales
The Social Media Community Manager should be a highly motivated, creative individual with experience and a passion for connecting with current and future Music, Sports and Entertainment fans. That passion comes through as he/she engages with customers on a daily basis, with the ultimate goal of turning fans into customers.
Community leadership and participation (both online and offline) are integral to a Social Media Community Manager’s success. An essential component is communicating the company’s brands in a positive, authentic way what will attract today’s modern, hyper-connected buyers.
The Social Media Community Manager is instrumental in managing the company’s content-related assets. The SMCM should always be learning, as it’s a crucial component to their success.
Responsibilities of the Social Media Community Manager
Develop and implement a social media marketing plan. The marketing plan will include the following components and should be reviewed no less than every 90 days.
- Brand Development
- Identify Target Customers
- Set Clear Objectives
- Visual Design and Online Development Strategy
- Solid Content Strategy
- Promotion Strategy
- Engagement Strategy
- Conversion Strategy
- Measure & Analyze to Establish ROI
- Audience Growth
- Audience Profile
- Audience Engagement
- Content Reach
- Engagement by Content Type
- Response Rate and Quality
- Negative Feedback
- Measure results on a daily basis.
Essential Duties of the Social Media Community Manager
Manage social media marketing campaigns and day-to-day activities including:
- Develop relevant content topics to reach the company’s target customers.
- Create a regular publishing schedule.
- Create, curate, and manage all published content (images, video and written).
- Monitor, listen and respond to users in a “Social” way while cultivating leads and sales.
- Identify and improve organizational development aspects that would improve content
- Conduct online advocacy and open a stream for cross-promotions.
- Develop and expand community and/or influencer outreach efforts.
- Oversee design (ie: Facebook Timeline cover, profile pic, thumbnails, ads, landing pages, Twitter profile, Blog, etc.).
- Design, create and manage promotions and Social ad campaigns.
- Manage efforts in building online reviews and reputation. Monitor online reviews and respond to each review.
- Analyze key metrics and tweak strategy as needed.
- Compile reports for management showing results (ROI).
- Become an advocate for the company in social media spaces, engaging in dialogues and answering questions where appropriate.
- Demonstrate the ability to map out a comprehensive marketing plan. Drive strategies that are proven by testing and metrics.
- Develop organizational elements in order to implement a proactive process for capturing happy, loyal customer online reviews.
- Monitor trends in social media tools, applications, channels, design, and strategy.
- Implement ongoing education to remain highly effective.
- Identify threats and opportunities in user-generated content surrounding the company. Report notable threats to appropriate management.
- Analyze campaigns and translate anecdotal or qualitative data into recommendations and plans for revising social media, content marketing, SEO and social advertising campaigns.
- Monitor effective benchmarks (Best Practices) for measuring the impact of social media campaigns. Analyze, review, and report on effectiveness of campaigns in an effort to maximize results.
Qualifications and Experience
- Possesses knowledge and experience in the tenets of traditional marketing. Marketing degree is welcomed but not required with relevant work experience. Minimum 3 years of Social Media Management experience in Music, Sports or Entertainment required.
- Demonstrates creativity and documented immersion in social media.
- Proficient in content marketing theory and application.
- Experience sourcing and managing content development and publishing.
- Exhibits the ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why their ideas are analytically sound.
- Displays in-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms, their respective participants (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Pinterest etc.) and how each platform can be deployed in different scenarios.
- Maintains excellent writing and language skills. Bilingual in Spanish & English.
- Enjoys a working knowledge of the blogging ecosystem relevant to the company’s field.
- Displays ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in written and video format.
- Exceeds at building and maintaining sales relationships, online and off.
- Practices superior time management.
- Is a team player with the confidence to take the lead and guide other employees when necessary. (ie: content development, creation, and editing of content, and online reputation management).
- Makes evident good technical understanding and can pick up new tools quickly.
- Maintains a working knowledge of principles of SEO including keyword research and Google Analytics. Highly knowledgeable in the principles of “Search and Social.”
- Possesses functional knowledge and/or personal experience with WordPress.
- Demonstrates winning Social Customer Service techniques such as empathy, patience, advocacy, and conflict resolution.
- Possesses great ability to identify potential negative or crisis situation and apply conflict resolution principles to mitigate issues.
This position is a full time salaried with benefits.
Salary based on experience.